Statement of Respect to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and all Native Nations
We acknowledge in Milwaukee that we are on traditional Potawatomi, Ho-Chunk and Menominee homeland.
Israel is currently carrying out its largest expulsion of Palestinians in decades. Home demolitions in Masafer Yatta in the occupied West Bank are underway. Please join us in asking the State Department to act immediately to stop Israel’s forced expulsion of over 1,000 Palestinians.
Defense for Children International - Palestine
From CODE PINK CONGRESS:
📧 Send an email: Stop Attacks on Palestinian Activists
✍️Send a Tweet: Stop Attacks on Palestinian Activists
☎️ Call your House Rep: 1-202-224-3121 (Congressional switchboard)
H.R. 2590 will ensure my taxpayer dollars will not fund the Israeli government’s brutal occupation or human rights abuses against Palestinian children.
House Res 751 condemns Israel's designation of 6 internationally respected human rights organizations as terrorist groups.
Opposing human rights violations without demanding accountability enables further abuses. I hope that you will add your name to these important pieces of legislation and take a stand for human rights.
☎️ Call both your Senators: 1-202-224-3121 (Congressional switchboard)
Please ensure my taxpayer dollars will not fund the Israeli government’s brutal occupation or human rights abuses against the Palestinian people and their children. Opposing human rights violations without demanding accountability enables further abuses. I hope that you will take a stand for human rights.
STOP PUNISHING AFGHANISTAN FOR 9-11
Dial 202-224-3121 NOW ! Call your Senators and Congressional Representatives
Demand that the Biden administration unfreeze Afghanistan’s assets, return all 7 billion to their country, so they can restart their economy and feed their people.
Protest U.S.-Enabled War and Blockade of Yemen
- 14,630 children have died so far in 2022, according to the worst-case estimates. In 2022, worst-case estimates are that 400,000 Yemeni children may die — one every 75 seconds or more than 1,100 per day (World Food Program and United Nations
- Since the beginning of the Yemeni Civil War, at least 230,000 civilians have died — some 131,000 from indirect causes such as lack of food (UN), 85,000 children may have died between April 2015 and October 2018.
- As the situation deteriorates, 16 million Yemenis are on the brink of starvation with 2.3 million children under 5 suffering acute malnutrition; a spike in food prices and a further collapse of Yemen's currency in summer 2021 is driving even more children to hunger (UN, World Food Program, and Save the Children).
→ Call on Saudi Arabia and the UAE to Lift the Blockade, Opening Airports and Seaports. Speak to President Biden by March 1st to insist he use his leverage with Saudi Arabia to press for the unconditional and immediate lifting of the devastating blockade.
→ Pass a War Powers Resolution. Co-sponsor
→ Stop Weapons Sales to Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Oppose further arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the UAE while the blockade starves the people of Yemen.
→ Support the People of Yemen. Call for the restoration and expansion of humanitarian aid for the people of Yemen.
- The carbon bootprint of the US military, larger than that of many countries.
- The wars for oil and other resources – how they support the fossil fuel-based status quo.
- The unequal burden of both climate crisis and militarism on people of color, the poor, and future generations.
- The resources spent on militarism and war – redirect to respond to the existential threat of climate crisis.